Wednesday 31 March 2010

Panasonic DVD LS855 - DVD player - portable - display: 8.5" Reviews

Panasonic DVD LS855 - DVD player - portable - display: 8.5" Reviews
Other products by Panasonic Ratting 3.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 4 Total Use 2


Read More From Here Now

Portable DVD Player with 8.5-Inch Diagonal Widescreen LCD, Multi-Format Playback, Multi-Angle Viewing, Car Headrest Bracket, Car DC Adaptor and Carrying Case. The large 8.5-Inch widescreen display pivots for multi-angle viewing so you can adjust the position for optimum comfort and image quality. You can also adjust the screen brightness to get the best view of your DVDs in all kinds of light conditions. You get beautiful images while watching movies on a dimly lit airplane, or when you're relaxing in the sun at a resort or other outdoor spot.

Technical Details

- Up to 6 hours playback with built-in Rechargeable Battery. Free style viewing with 8.5" diagonal widescreen LCD.
- High quality widescreen LCD with Enhanced Brightness Control. Convenient Headrest Mounting Bracket for your car.
- A/V input for Portable Video Gaming system connection. Adjustable LCD Screen for Multi-Angle Viewing.
- Multi-Format Playback: DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-R (Dual Layer), DVD+R, DVD+R (Double Layer), DVD+RW, CD many more
- Bonus pack includes: 8.5" Portable DVD Player, Carrying Case, Car Headrest Mounting Bracket, Car DC Adaptor, AC Adaptor, Up to 6 hours Battery Pack
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"It's alright." 2010-03-07
By J. Stewart (California)
I have had this dvd player for a few weeks now. I like the screen feature where you can adjust it closer to you and tilt it for easier viewing. I don't like that there is no remote. This is my third portable DVD player. My first lasted me a very long time even after the abuse I put it through. My second, an audiovox, lasted less than a year. I had high hopes for this dvd player. The picture quality on the LS855 is good and the 8.5" screen is a great size for a portbale player. I'm not crazy about the controls on the this machine. I'm used to the volume control being a small dial on the side next to where the headphones go into the player. On this player the volume control is two small buttons on the top of the player and they are hard to find. At night I like to close the screen and just listen to a movie while I fall asleep, I can't control the volume when I do this. The volume buttons are also hard to find because they are small and blend in. Also, the play and stop buttons also function as the on and off buttons instead of having a seperate on/off switch which I find rather annoying. Overall it is a decent dvd player but I'm not as happy with it as I hoped.

Customer Buzz
"Decent player if you don't care about the picture" 2010-01-21
By Nicholas Grey (Concord, CA)
To make a long story short, my 2 year old broke our LG portable dvd player which was purchased back in 2006. I went to Costco and bought this Panasonic model with confidence as I am a big fan of Panasonic products. Well, upon popping in a dvd I found that the resolution on this player is much lower than my 3 year old LG model.(and the Panny cost $30 more) I love all the features, car seat mount, car charger, long lasting battery, tilt screen, etc. (note screen does not swivel left to right, you can only adjust the tilt/vertical viewing angle) Unfortunately, I'm so disappointed with the picture quality that I will be returning it ASAP.

Customer Buzz
"Awesome product" 2010-01-06
By Dana (Orange County, CA)
I absolutely love this DVD. I bought it for 4 and 6 yrs olds and they love it. Picture is great, sound is loud (if you need it to be). once i figured out how it works it was great. my kids love it and i enjoy my rides in the car, visiting my family and friends when they are busy watching movies. I compared it to Sony but found that Panasonic has better picture and it's cheaper too. Love the product!

Customer Buzz
"Poor durability" 2009-11-02
By Tom HIller (Philly. PA)
In 2008, we bought a LS855 for our special needs grandson to use on long auto trips. I worked fine for at least the initial trip but when we tried to use it later in the year (just post warranty expiration) it took a veery long time to read any disc we tried and ended up giving us a message of "This type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc" despite the fact that we were inserting discs already played. A local repair shop, recommended by the Panasonic web stie, indicate that the repair would cost around $200 - more than the unit costs new. So much for the vaunted Panasonic durability

Customer Buzz
"6hrs and 45 mins of battery! Big screen, headrest attachment for back seat" 2009-08-18
By myhale
This panasonic is my second portable DVD player, the first being a Mintek which I think I paid around $400 for about 6 or 7 years ago. I used it a lot for car trips and plane rides and dropped it a while back so it's got a broken connection part but it still works. I wanted something with a headrest mount for kids in the back seat and longer battery life then 2 hours.
These things have come a long way! I paid $150 for the LS855 and it's got a 1.5inch bigger screen. The picture quality is infinitely better on the Panasonic. The sound is louder and better in quality. The battery pack on the Mintek was as big as the base of the unit itself while the battery pack on the Panasonic is like the size of a big cigar. The Mintek wouldn't fast forward without the remote...which I found irritating since I didn't want to carry the remote with me. I read from a review that someone couldn't get the Panasonic to fast forward. You hold down the fast foward to toggle and select a fast forward speed and then hit play to stop the ff.
There's a chart in the manual that says you should get 6 hours at lowest brightness using a headphones. I tested this and got 6 hours and 45 minutes. Wow! It was a little dim but definitely visible.
I liked the Sonys too but a similar model in specs has no headrest attachment and was more expensive. The headrest attachment is simple to use and the adjustable screen makes the unit streamlined so your child can't hit it by accident.
The one drawback is that the plastic on the unit is definitely lighter weight and thinner...seems a bit flimsy. But that contributes to it's portability. Happy viewing. :)



Images Product

Read more Panasonic DVD LS855 - DVD player - portable - display: 8.5"

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO