Monday 12 April 2010

Cowon S9 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black) Reviews

Cowon S9 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black) Reviews
Other products by Cowon Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 3 Total Use 1


Read More From Here Now

3.3-Inch 16:9 Wide AMOLED, 16 million colors, res. 480x272, ultra portable Play all your digital entertainment: movies, TV shows, photos and music Touch sensitive interface Bluetooth, Voice recorder with internal microphone, FM radio and TV-out supporting composite connections Maximum 11 hours of video playback and maximum 55 hours of audio playback

Technical Details

- 16 GB capacity for about 4,000 songs
- 55 hours of audio or 11 hours of video on a single charge
- 3.3-inch, 16-million color AMOLED display with 480 x 272 pixel resolution
- Supports MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV, and APE audio formats; AVI and WMV video formats; JPEG image formats
- 1-year limited warranty
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"howards cowon" 2010-04-11
By Stephanie D. Fletcher (HUMBLE, TX, US)
This cowon s9 is the best media player that I have owned and I have had a few including an insignia, the color quality of the videos and the crispness of the music is the best i have heard including comparing it to some of my friends media players. In the event I ever have to buy another one I am going right back to cowon, did I mention that the battery lasts what seems like forever, that might be a stretch but it does last a long time, my only complaint is that I cannot play the video's in random order, other than that I could not be more happier, thank you cowon

Customer Buzz
"Not the greatest interface, but AMAZING in all other categories" 2010-03-04
By Christopher Batchelor
Software
The default software is a little pathetic, but after you get past that and get one of the different varieties of fan created interfaces, the device gets much better. The device works pretty well for syncing with Winamp as well. I'm loving it right now. I had a Zune before this and I'm so glad I don't have to use that damn Zune software anymore.

Audio Quality
Sounds is amazing, through my car stereo, my Sennheiser CX300b intra-aural earbuds, or my Open Circum-aural Sennheiser HD595s. Absolutely stunned by the quality of this player in conjunction with these earphones. I love the .flac audio support as well. This is a must have for the audiophile on the go.

Video Quality
I haven't tested this well enough to give a definitive answer, but the screen is very vibrant, great color contrast on pictures and backgrounds. I'd assume this would transfer into great quality video as well. I wish it had a few more compatible formats, but it's no worse off than most of the other major portable media players.

Build Quality
Build quality is great. I've got it in a case, but I still don't have any screen scratches, or marks of any kind and I've had this for almost 3 months. That's pretty good for a touch screen, and I've seen videos of people trying to scratch the screen with keys, but I wouldn't recommend trying it at home. It's good to know it can handle it if it needs to though. The plastic body isn't really a con for me as it actually seems to make it more durable and keeps the weight down quite a bit. Sure the aluminum feels better to the touch, but the plastic isn't low quality by any means and if you get the recommended case you usually just feel leather anyway.

Battery Life
Best of any MP3 player I've had. I can keep this thing going for quite a while on a single charge.

Customer Buzz
"Portable Music Source for the Audiophile" 2010-02-25
By Anthony C. Romaniuk (OH USA)
I was looking for a portable source that was strong enough to power a pair of Sennheiser HD595's without having to drag an amp around. My Blackberry and iPod just dont do justice to the 595's the way my receiver at home does but I guess thats to be expected. Neither player has a custom EQ setting and the volume settings leave a lot to be desired. I spent a few days going back and forth between the Cowon S9 and the Samsung P3. The reviews for these players seemed to point to audiophile sound and thats exactly what I was looking for. I decided to buy the S9 because its EQ and BBE processing options are a perfect match for the lower quality portion of my music collection. I definitely made the right choice.

I am absolutely blown away by how incredible this little device can sound. Some of the most underrated features of this player are the BBE+ sound options. I listen to a lot of electronic music (trance,dnb,etc) and much of my selection is < 192kbps MP3. The 595 headphones make it easy to discern the differences between low and high quality music files. The BBE processing adds clarity to these files and they are once again enjoyable in a way that my receiver at home cannot even compete with. Along side the awesome processing of the S9 is a very customizable 5 band EQ. You can customize not only the roll off of each band, but the actual frequency of the band. I can turn the volume up on the S9 beyond levels I would normally listen to with virtually perfect clarity.

The user interface also very fun to use even though it does have a slight learning curve. The Zune and the iPod Touch are a tad more snappy in the UI department but thats being picky. The best part about the UI is that you can customize it to your liking. There are dozens of different themes you can download for free. To top it off is one of the nicest looking screens on a portable....anything! I actually think the AMOLED screen on the S9 rivals the contrast of my Panasonic G10 plasma. Its that good! The whole device is just that much more fun to use when screen is so pleasing to look at.

If you have a set of relatively low impedance phones, I think its pretty safe to say that the Cowon S9 can drive the hell out of them without an amp. You wont be disappointed.




Customer Buzz
"YES! I finally found the one." 2010-02-19
By one old dog
I'll keep this short. I've bought a lot of different players over the past few years, looking for that "one" - that one that actually sounds good to an old audiophile.

I found it. Finally. This one. The Cowon S9.

I've only been playing with it for a few hours, but I'm sold.

I'm not going to talk about the GUI, the outstanding video resolution, etc... There are plenty of other reviews here that do a great job of covering all of that.

My review in a nutshell: The sound. Outstanding. If that's what you're after - don't hesitate. Buy it.

Cowon, you have a new fan.






Customer Buzz
"Great product, once you customize it." 2010-02-18
By Jason Fernandez
It really is a great device - but the UI is not that great unless you customize it. Even then, there can be problems. The screen is GORGEOUS, best on the market without question. Audio quality is great, especially once you can fiddle with the settings. Drop & play operation, reliable, lightweight - wish it felt a bit sturdier.


Images Product

Read more Cowon S9 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO