Saturday 10 April 2010

Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation) Reviews

Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation) Reviews
Other products by Amazon.com Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 1 Total Use 16


Read More From Here Now

Say Hello to the Newest Kindle Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered wirelessly in less than 60 seconds; no PC required 3G Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle; no annual contracts, no monthly fees, and no hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots International Coverage: Enjoy 3G wireless coverage at home or abroad in over 100 countries. Paper-like Display: Reads like real paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight Carry Your Library: Holds up to 1,500 books Long Battery Life: Read for days without recharging Read-to-Me: With the experimental Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books out loud to you, unless the book's rights holder made the feature unavailable Free Book Samples: Download and read the beginning of books for free before you decide to buy Large Selection: Over 350,000 books, including 104 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases are $9.99, unless marked otherwise

Technical Details

- Slim and Lightweight: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines. At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
- Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
- Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images
- Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Love the kindle - book pricing is a farce!" 2010-04-11
By Michelle Pavliv (Cary, NC)
I love using my kindle to read books, both at home and when I travel. However, pricing on popular paperbacks is UNFAIR! Kindle books should be less than their comparable pricing on Amazaon paper copies. Why? Because I can share my paper books, but I CANNOT share my kindle books. For example, I could buy a paper copy of Bel Canto for less than I can download the electronic version. What is a gal supposed to do? Guess I am going to the library.

Customer Buzz
"Love It!" 2010-04-10
By M. Coleman (Berlin, WI)
Bought a Kindle about one month ago. I love it. Have read about 8 books already. I usually read about 4 books a month. Must be saving time by not turning pages. I like to read in bed and like the feature that turns the Kindle off after 10 minutes of inactivity and really like not losing my place. Kindle has the page, I last read, waiting for me when I'm ready to go at it again. Am already thinking about buying another if this one goes to "pot", with old age. Wouldn't want to be without it.

Customer Buzz
"Amazing Device" 2010-04-10
By Richard Raseley (Seattle, WA)
Amazing device, it has inspired me to read more than I did before my purchase (perhaps because I love gadgets so much). It eliminates one of the biggest issues I had with books, which is figuring out the best way to hold / balance one when reading in bed, on your side, or at an awkward angle.

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Customer Buzz
"A great concept that still has some teething problems" 2010-04-10
By G. Berger (Bellerose, NY USA)
I waffled between giving Kindle three or four stars, but finally decided to give it the benefit of the doubt.
I waited a long time before buying an e-reader to see how the market shook out and to give the technology some time to mature. After living with a kindle 2 for a couple of weeks, it's obvious that the technology has come a long way, but there is still room for improvement. Overall I'd have to say that I love the Kindle 2. I have no experience with other e-readers, but I think the whole idea, whichever one you might prefer, is a great one. No doubt in a year or two they'll all be much better and I'll be looking for an upgrade, but the same is true of other technologies such as digital cameras and computers.

What I like:

- The whole concept of having many books, newspapers, etc. in one device is great. I like to read on the train or in bed, and I can read a newspaper and then read a book of my choice without the usual load or clutter. In some respects I prefer reading/scanning a real newspaper, but the convenience and lack of inky fingers makes up for it. Once I got used to the navigation, I realized I could do a pretty good imitation of scanning a real paper.

- Ease of acquiring new books. The incorporated 3G wireless means I can browse and buy from just about anywhere and get the book in minutes. This is actually the feature that made me want an e-reader the most. No matter what time it is or where I am (almost) I can get a new book.

- Sample books.

- Size is just about perfect. The reading area approximates a paperback. It's nice and light and I take it everywhere.

- Screen contrast is fine for me, I don't have any problems reading.

- Dictionary. This is a great feature.

- Web browsing - It's a little slow but a lot better than nothing and after all, it is labelled as 'experimental'. I'd like to see it kept and improved.

- text to speech - I didn't expect much from this but was surprised at how good it is. This is not easy to do and it's pretty realistic. Just be aware that it's only available with books or publications that say it's enabled, it doesn't apply to everything on your Kindle.


What could be improved:

- Prices seem to be too high in view of the savings in printing, distributing, and stocking real books. Not to mention all the overhead in running a book store. Newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal are rather pricey considering the cost of a regular online subscription.

- There is no way to organize your collection. This would be a big improvement and should be easy to implement.

- Resolution of graphics such as maps is terrible. Photos are good but of course are only black and white.

- Referring back to a previous page with a map on it while reading is cumbersome enough to keep me from doing it and even if I could the map is just about unreadable anyway (see previous complaint).

- Formatting is sometimes bad, and I've frequently found blocks of text misplaced within footnotes. I.E., I link to a footnote and find it includes several lines or paragraphs that belong in the body of the text after the link to the footnote. If I hadn't read the footnote I would have had a confusing break in the flow of the story.

- Formatting of free books such as classics is really variable, to the point where it's better to pay a few dollars and get a properly formatted version.

- It occasionally freezes and has to be rebooted. Maybe mine is defective. It doesn't happen very often but is annoying when it does.

- I'd like to be able to read many kinds of documents (not just PDF) from work.

Customer Buzz
"I Pad Vs. Kindle" 2010-04-10
By Steve Goose (Oregon)
I stopped in the Apple store for a charger for my I Pod Touch and played around with the newly released I Pad (not a bad device-really just an enlarged I Pod Touch on steroids)....

I started the reading app. for the I Pad and found a smudge marked screen filled with glare. It felt unwieldy and hefty in weight compared with my Kindle. The worst part was being informed by a salesperson that the upcoming 3G version would include a hefty "data plan" so the consumer can count on big $$$$ per month charges.

I love my Kindle and the free 3G wireless! Last week, I downloaded the NY Times and a book while on a hiking trail in Arizona. The electronic ink and glare free screen are so easy on older eyes. The size and weight are perfection. With a leather cover, a cup of coffee, and a cat on my lap, I become immersed in reader's heaven.

By: The Goose


Images Product

Read more Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation)

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO