Tuesday 27 April 2010

Sony Mdr-As50G Active Style Spiral Neck-Band Headphones (Silver) Reviews

Sony Mdr-As50G Active Style Spiral Neck-Band Headphones (Silver) Reviews
Other products by Sony Ratting 3.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 16 Total Use 1


Read More From Here Now

Earbud-style headphones deliver rich sound with deep bass. Lightweight active style headphones with a soft and flexible spiral behind-the-neck band. Cord adjuster lets you move the cord to the best position for sports or workout use. Moisture guard allows for moisture to pass around headphones. Single sided cord for sports usage. Short cord (2 feet) solution for arm-band use; extension cord (2 feet) is supplied. Three sizes of earbuds (S, M, L) allows a snug fit in a varity of ears sizes. Hard carrying case. Clip to secure the cord.

Technical Details

- Lightweight spiral neck-band headphones
- 9mm EX provide comfort fit and deep bass sound
- New cord solution for sports usage
- Earbud-style headphones deliver rich sound & deep bass
- Moisture guard for moisture to pass around headphones
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Sony Active Style Earbuds" 2010-04-05
By Gary Brooks
Use running and bicycling. Fits under bicycle helmet very nicely. Comfortable (at least for 2 hour bike rides) after selecting correct size pads. Very secure. Short cord is excellent when unit is located on upper arm (longer cords flop around and get in the way). In use only 3 months so not sure about quality yet. Sound is very good in my opinion (but I am no expert).

Customer Buzz
"Doesn't fit." 2010-03-28
By Amanda Catherine Smith
I like the design idea, but the fact is, the earphones do not fit. They are difficult, no impossible, to adjust to the individual. The fact that they don't feel comfortable--they feel like they're going to fall out of one ear--is problematic, but the real problem is that if they don't fit, the sound quality suffers. It's hard to get any bass and the volume on my ipod must be turn up almost as loud as it will go, because the bud doesn't sit well inside the ear.

Customer Buzz
"Good idea but bad fit" 2010-03-21
By D. Cohen
I was searching for new workout/running headphones and saw a friend who had and raved about these. Unfortunately, when I bought and tried them, there were 2 insurmountable problems.
1) I have have 5 year old Ipod Nano and the volume of these was too low even with the volume setting at maximum. For reference, on my other headphones, I usually use the 50% volume setting or less. These Sony's were also similarly soft when plugged into my Iphone 3G. BTW, the buds were indeed very snug in my ear so the volume problem was not one of sound leakage.
2) I followed the directions and tried multiple positions but once these were in place on my head, the back of the spiral would rub against either my hair or my shirt creating a distracting noise. It didn't really dislodge them, but the noise was audible. Maybe if #1 was louder, I wouldn't have noticed.

Granted, these issues may be specific to my head shape and ear sensitivity but I do not have any hearing problems (my wife says I have listening problems instead!) and I do not have an abnormally large head. I wear standard hats and have a short but not crew cut hair length.

Customer Buzz
"90-day warranty + failure after around 90 days = ZERO STARS" 2010-03-21
By J. Gordon
I can't believe ANYTHING nowadays has a 90-day warranty, but Sony products apparently do.

This worked fine for a month or so (I like the fit, decent sound quality). Then one earbud started failing intermittently, or with reduced volume. Then the other one.

I only used these while running, and I don't even think I sweat on them (it was winter). I mostly listened to podcasts, so I didn't care too much that one earbud was on the fritz. I figured I could return them within a year.

Well, eventually I got sick of the problem, and contacted tech support. As you can guess, the 90-day warranty period had passed, and I'm SOL.

I have some Sony wraparound headphones that I used while running every day for about 7 years. They still work. I guess Sony quality has just gone downhill.

Hopefully you can heed my warning and stay away from these headphones (and Sony in general?), and not just read the 4-5 star reviews written the day of receipt!



Customer Buzz
"2 pairs both broke" 2010-03-16
By Jesse S. Summers (Los Angeles, CA United States)
I bought one pair of these and used them for about a year. I used them mostly when I ran--they are the "active style"--so probably around 10 hours a week. One side went mute, so I sent it in to Sony, but they weren't covered under warranty.

Then, I bought a second pair, and I used this second pair (with a different ipod) for 3 months. To be specific, I used the pair for about 96 days, which was 6 days longer than the warranty. Sony had no sympathy for my having their crap headphones die yet again, this time just after the warranty, but they assured me that I could complain to customer service. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes and then having the call dropped, I thought I would just complain here.

They're comfortable, with a nice design, but they seem to fail at consistently delivering *sound*, which is pretty important for headphones.


Images Product

Read more Sony Mdr-As50G Active Style Spiral Neck-Band Headphones (Silver)

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO